The City of Port Alberni requires that you obtain a Plumbing Permit prior to any construction, extension, or repair of any plumbing system, or to make a connection to any sewer system. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Installation of a new fixtures, such as a sink or shower
- Removing of a fixture or part of a plumbing system
- Extension or installation of a sanitary sewer, storm sewer or water service
- Installation or alteration of a fire sprinkler system or standpipe system
- Installation or alteration of a footing drain or storm drain system
- Installation of any back-flow prevention
- Installation of a lawn irrigation system
A Plumbing Permit may not be required for minor modifications such as:
Replacing existing fixtures in same location
Repairing existing fixtures
Conditions to Note:
- No person shall conceal any part of a plumbing system unless it has been inspected and approved by the Building Inspector;
- Plumbing must be installed in accordance with the British Columbia Plumbing Code in effect.
Note that all buildings are required to have a water meter installed.
See Application Forms - Building and Renovations and select the appropriate Building/Plumbing Permit Application.
For information about Permit fees see Plumbing Permit Fees